Registration with FBR
Why To Register With FBR?
- After registration, Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) put you on the list of Active Taxpayers List.
After getting your name included in ATL, you will get the privilege of paying lower taxes than the non-filers on financial transactions including different types of bank transactions, sale/purchase of property and vehicle, etc.
Is It Required For Business?
- Yes, FBR registration is mandatory for registration of business/company.
- It is also mandatory for TDAP collaborated trade exhibitions/fairs.
- FBR registration legitimates your business and enhances credibility
- You can avail multiple FBR schemes for duty drawback if you are registered
What Should We Register ?
Register your company with Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) FOR:
- National Tax Number (NTN)
Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN)
Commercial exporters are not required to register for STRN. But if you pay the sale tax on the goods from local market, it will be better for you to get yourself registered with sales tax department. So that, you may claim your input tax deducted on your purchases Once registered in sales tax department, you will be obligated to file the monthly sales tax return whether you have been involved in any sales tax activity or not
How To Register?
Apply for a National Tax Number (NTN) and Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) at the nearby Regional Tax Office (RTO) of FBR.
Documents required to apply for NTN are:
- NTN form.
- Registration Proof.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Bank account number.
- Copies of National Identity Cards of companies’ Directors.
Evidence of business address.
Integration with SECP:
SECP data is integrated with FBR for registration of NTN. Information provided by applicant during filling incorporation process is forwarded to FBR for registration of NTN. NTN is issued by FBR if complete/accurate information has been provided by the applicant.
For detailed information:
For video tutorials: