Registration with SECP
Why To Register With SECP?
Securities Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) is a financial regulatory body with a mandate of:
- To regulate corporate sector & capital market
- Regulation of insurance companies & non-banking finance companies
- Over sight of external service providers
Is it required for business?
- Yes, SECP registration is mandatory for registration of business/company.
- It is also mandatory for TDAP collaborated trade exhibitions/fairs.
- SECP registration legitimates your business and enhances credibility
What Are The Pre-Requisites ?
To register your company keep these points in mind:
- It can be Sole Proprietorship or a Partnership firm or a Company.
- Name and logo to be decided.
- A company account with an authorized bank.
Open an office with all required facilities:
- Valid postal address
- Landline telephone connection and fax number
- Office furniture and equipment
How To Register?
Documents required to register a company in Pakistan
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- CNIC Copies of Directors, CEO, and Nominee (for the single-member company) or copies of passport in case of a foreigner.
- NOC or letter of intent/ license from concerned authorities if you want to register some specialized business.
- In the case of foreign company incorporation, details such as List and details of Directors and their nationality, company profile, Company charter’s certified copy, Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association.
- Authorization of Subscribers for filing of documents. • Registration/ Filing fee.
Online registration process on SECP e-services web page:
- Check the availability of name on SECP website.
- Upon availability, create an account and reserve the name.
- Avoid using prohibited names for your company. Check it from SECP website’s prohibited words list.
- You will need a valid CNIC in case of Pakistani National and a valid passport if you are a foreigner.
- Select ‘fast track registration services’ (FTRS) for same-day registration.
- Fill out the online form and submit user registration.
- Validate security codes received via SMS or email to generate PIN.
- Pay the user registration fee online through your credit/debit card, or through challan in any of the selected branches of MCB or UBL.
- You will receive a confirmation email from SECP within a day.
Confirmation of registration:
After submission of documents:
- SECP will evaluate and validate all the submitted documents. National Institutional Facilitation Centre (NIFC) – SECP will then grant a digital signature or company seal.
- All company directors’ signatures are needed to receive this company seal. You will get a certificate of incorporation from SECP if all your documents are valid. It will be issued to you in the physical form or electronically, you can now start your business.
- SECP e-services
- Video tutorial:
- Further info: